Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Seed Pod Madness......with Mannequins?!


I started a new jewelry series of pieces based on seed pods.  The form is a simple round cup form, I'm using my new dapping block to dome the circles.  I've been using hand made silver beads for a few years now, melting them down from the scrap silver pieces left from making other things so nothing goes to waste.  In this first set of dangle earrings I gathered the silver beads in the center of the cup but I never work on just one piece at a time, so..... I have several more pieces going that all have that same cup form with silver beads and/or beaded wire to add a little more depth.  I'm working on making charms for bracelets with this design, post earrings, complete bracelets and rings that are a little more dramatic.  The sculptor in me can't help but to make something that is just on the edge of still being wearable but I know there's someone out there that will be able to pull it off.  If you like the dangle earrings, they're for sale on my Etsy shop and there will be more coming VERY soon so stay tuned!!
Fun Fact..... I have a new jewelry model!!!  I've been struggling with getting a live model to pose for me recently and she's just been lying around the studio for years now just waiting for a purpose until my brilliant husband made the suggestion I use her as a model.  She even has her ears pierced!!!!  Who knew!?  Expect to see lots more of her because she's life sized, does whatever I want and she's available 24/7.



No comments: