Saturday, July 20, 2013

Photo Friday!!!!

So yesterday was Photo Friday and I shot a bunch of my new jewelry pieces and uploaded them to etsy.  Check my etsy shop for all the new listings.  Here are a few of them....


I've been playing around with this recycled copper tubing, cutting into sections and creating jewelry components from them.  I love the geometry! So different from my organic pieces I know, but I love the warmth of copper and this tubing is speaking to me right now.  I'm combining it with sterling silver, hanging the cut tubing pieces on beaded wire so there's movement to them.  (Here's where the organic part comes in...)  These necklaces change as they move, the pieces spin and it looks completely different.  I'm also playing with asymmetry as you can see above, sometimes symmetry is too expected and I think it really makes this necklace into a statement piece.

And then of course, my usual organic pieces, the fiddlehead and seed pod forms I've been playing with for a while in mini pendant versions and post earrings......






I have plenty more copper tubing so expect to see more of that in the next jewelry pieces......
I already have a pretty good pile going that are just screaming "Make jewelry out of me!"

No comments: