Friday, July 3, 2015

SCAD Road Trip Part 2!

In my last post I talked about the road trip down to Savannah Shelley and I took a couple weeks ago and some of the things we did while we were there.  So, our adventures continued when we took a drive out to Tybee Island one afternoon to check out the beach and dip our feet in southern water. (so much warmer than ct!) While we were there, we watched the fishermen at the end of the pier catch a couple stingrays before tossing them back in the water and on our way back we stopped by the lighthouse.  Amazingly enough, our first lighthouse of the trip!
Our last night in Savannah and we found someone willing to use their key to get us into the speakeasy!  And.....as luck would have it, they were doing a burlesque show that night!!! Sorry folks, this is the only photo I've got of the place.  If you can find it and convince someone with a key to take you, it's definitely an experience.  
Not to change the subject but....Did I mention I am absolutely in love with the live oak trees!!!??  Plenty of photo ops with the spanish moss at Wormsloe State Historic Site.  This is the last place we went in Savannah before starting our journey back north!  This may look familiar, a scene from Forest Gump was filmed here.  I didn't have to do any editing to these photos, this place is amazing!




but, it can't all be serious.....
(No moss was actually touched in the taking of these photos for fear of chiggers..... They're real)

How could I not be inspired........ These textures are absolutely going to appear in some of the work I'm planning next!

Next stop, the Old Sheldon Church ruins.  a little off the beaten path but completely worth it.  Peaceful and gorgeous, this was another favorite!  The contrast between man made and natural gets me every time!


Resurrection ferns, the name says it all.
Stopped in Charleston around lunch time, not at all what I expected!  What a beautiful little city!  Loved rainbow row and all of the old houses from the 1700-1800's.  


 So many adorable little side streets and alleyways.  It's worth it to take a slow stroll so you don't miss something amazing in one of the nooks and crannies.  The patina on the brick and the combination of old architecture and nature turned me into an obnoxious tourist with my camera.  Last installment will be in a few more days!  We're headed north and only a few more stops to go!








No comments: