Friday, April 19, 2013

Sketchbook Project Tour ooops!

Apparently I wrote this post a couple years ago but never posted it!  OOOPPS!  So.... here's a blast from the past.....
So, I've been working on a sketchbook that's going to go on tour starting at the end of January with books by 28834 other artists. The Brooklyn Art Library runs the Sketchbook Project and it tours the country so check it out if it comes to a city close to you, looks like it should be pretty cool. I chose the theme Jackets, Blankets and Sheets and decided to go with photo transfers and collage for the imagery. Some of the images are also drawn into.  It's a departure from the other work I've been doing recently but still very me with its textural qualities. Here's a little taste....







 Hoped you enjoyed the blast from the past.  If you haven't been to the Brooklyn Art Library, definitely check it out if you get a chance to, there are some pretty amazing treasures there and they've done a lot more of these sketchbook projects since I did mine, all different themes, very cool. 

No comments: