Thursday, April 18, 2013

I'm baaack!

The long hiatus is becoming my trademark.  But, I swear it was for a good cause this time.  I spent an ENORMOUS amount of time planning and making things for my wedding!!  And then crashed immediately after and went into a creative rebellion.  I am still working on that etsy site and I promise I'll share some of my artwork soon but for now, check out some of the amazing photos of my work from the wedding courtesy of Nikki Nicole Photography.
I made the necklaces for myself and the four women in the bridal party.  Mine is all sterling silver, the bridal party necklaces have Swarovski crystals in our wedding colors, lime green and rusty red.  I also made six pairs of earrings with the same design is the bridal party necklaces only on a smaller scale.


The wedding favors were hand poured resin sculptures designed by my husband and I based off of the logo we developed together for our wedding.  My husband sculpted the original, which we used as our cake topper and I helped pour and clean up the resin copies.
We made 100 of them for our guests and they acted as part of the centerpieces at the reception.  The design is based on a fiddlehead (which I'm obsessed with) and the two halves represent the two of us.









You can see our logo on the pin attached to the front of our invitation.  Which, by the way, was a book we constructed from chipboard and copper.  We also used the logo for the first page of the invite and pretty much branded all of our wedding materials with it.



A bit over the top, but I guess that's what happens when two artists get married.  Lots of handmade, unexpected things.......

 



No comments: