Friday, January 1, 2016

New Jewelry for the New Year!

So, I made these about a month ago but they were snatched up so quickly at open studio that I never got a chance to post them.  You may be wondering why I titled this post "New jewelry" then.  Well,  I thought I'd start the new year off writing about my plans for some new jewelry pieces that were inspired by these beauties!  And it would give me a chance to share photos of them, even thought they sold because I'm excited about how they came out.

A while back, I ordered a bunch of vintage glass stones and the vendor was kind enough to throw in some extra stones.  Of course I was inspired the most by the unexpected ones, like these textured blue glass stones.  My husband and I had a sketch night and if you look closely you'll see the sketch for these earrings along with a bunch of other ideas that I have yet to make in reality.


So, for 2016, I'll be incorporating more stones in my work, using some of the natural cabochon and vintage glass stones I've had kickin around for a while so get ready for some new one of a kind pieces to hit my shop soon!  I'm also going to be working with more cast pieces and copper, of course.  I got a fold forming book for christmas and a big sheet of copper that's just been waiting for me to make something out of it.  Before I end, one more photo of these earrings!  I'm really happy with how they came out.  It's been a while since I've done any stone setting but it's just like riding a bike!  As always, I used green earth, recycled, sterling silver for the majority of the design.


No comments: